Social anxiety is anxiety (emotional discomfort, fear, apprehension, or worry) about social situations, interactions with others, and being evaluated or scrutinized by other people. It can occur at different times of life, and for different reasons. People vary in how often they experience social anxiety and in which kinds of situations. Overcoming social anxiety depends on the person and the situation. For some people social anxiety can become a very difficult, painful and even disabling problem that is chronic in nature.
A chronic problem with social anxiety can result in a reduced quality of life. Overcoming this type can be very difficult without getting some form of assistance. Social anxiety can also be self-integrated and persistent for people who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder, which can also make the social anxiety harder to overcome, especially if ignored.
- What would life feel like if you removed the self-imposed limitations you placed on yourself?
- Would it be freeing for you to be able to speak with anyone without nervousness or without being self-conscious?
- Would you feel significantly better if your mind didn’t go blank when someone says hello or asks you a question?
It’s really frustrating to see people around you enjoying themselves, easily talking and laughing with each other, and to feel completely out of it. Shyness and social anxiety/phobia can make you feel tongue-tied and awkward, lost and inadequate. You may long for the ground to swallow you. Or for a magic wand to transform your shyness into confidence and ease.
Hypnotherapy and NLP can help you achieve extraordinary results. It is possible to become more comfortable with strangers or groups of people. How does Amy know this? Not only has she helped countless people to overcome their social anxiety, she has overcome it herself with the help of hypnotherapy and NLP.
By working with Amy you can notice,
- your spontaneity with other people
- feeling more relaxed in all kinds of social situations
- that your old anxiety just doesn’t seem to happen any more
- you really start to enjoy socializing
If you would like to experience the profound benefits of hypnotherapy for your social anxiety, call or email Amy Hale to set up a getting acquainted session. She will answer all of your question and help you decide whether her offering are right for you.